Tuesday 3 June 2008

Mompos

With rain steadily falling in Medellin I soon realised it was time to move north. Perhaps even as far as Cartagena (the carribean coast was calling). Assessing my options the owner of the hostel kindly provided some advice. ¨Mompos is about half way between here and Cartagena, it is a bit of a pain to get to but well worth the effort¨. Sold! This sounded like just the recommendation I needed. That evening I boarded a bus a taxi and a boat (all at different times of course) and went to Mompos. On my way I flicked through my lonely planet and noticed one small note, my Welsh friend Richie had written next to the section on Mompos ¨boring as F··k¨.

So how was it? Well, here are the highlights.
1)I saw a toad.
2)I had an ice cream..and not one of those ones from a specialy store. Just a regular old ice cream.

If you have a lonley Planet guide to South America, I highly recommend you get out a pen and scribe Richie´s words next to the section on Mompos. Man that place was boring!

No comments: